Hiring a Professional Painting Company
The average home and building needs to be repainted every 3-6 years. If you’re seeing signs that it’s finally time to repaint your home, here’s a checklist of things to do before hiring your professional painters.
1. Make a list of all the painting jobs you need done. This includes painting doors, walls, trim, and patios.
2. Decide what colors you want to paint your home. If you want a new look and feel, try asking either a design consultant or professional painters for their opinions on what color scheme to use. You can also decide what paint brand you would like your painter to use.
3. Determine your budget, and how much you are willing to spend on your painting job. While some people prefer to paint their own homes, local Painting Company most find it easier and more efficient to hire professionals. Sometimes, attempting to do it yourself ends up in mistakes, and ultimately, more money and time.
4. Contact friends and family and ask for painter recommendations. Contact several painters and ask for quotes – usually, professional painting companies will provide a free estimate. Make sure you are getting a quote for the exact specifications you have in mind – the number of coats, areas to be painted and project timeline. Some additional places to look for local painters are in Google search, your local yellow pages and local community directories.
5. Make sure you’ve seen your painters’ portfolios, whether this comes in the form of case studies, photos or customer references. In the best case scenario, you can see what other customers of the painter had to say about their services. Also, verify their insurance and painters’ licenses.
6. Make sure the painters will clean up thoroughly after themselves.
A painting company can be very profitable business or those who have the resources and discipline to make a go. In this article, we will outline a few steps to help you start your own painting business.
Step 1: Begin by securing a start up of $10,000. If you lack these types of funds, you should look for a silent partner, backer, or apply for a production loan through your local bank. If you are going to a bank, make sure to have your business plan down pat, and to dress in a professional manner.
Step 2: Employee payments, credit card accounts, advertisements, proposals, and expenses should be kept track of on a basic laptop. This will allow you to take care of industry matters on the road or at the job site. In addition, there are many different types of software that will do all of these things for you. Head down to your local computer store and evaluate your options.
Step 3: Head down to your local courthouse and purchase a small business license. Some states require that the company owner purchase a license, whereas others make the contractor pass a series of tests. Check your states business regulations to find out more about your specific requirements.
Step 4: Purchase roughly one million dollars of insurance and cover your truck or can through the same industry. Make sure to use a local company who will take the time to come to the site and view any claim you may have. The more familiar the company is to the clients, the more likely it will be that you get the job.
Step 5: Get in contacts with a business lawyer in regard to becoming incorporated. This serves you by way that if your painting company becomes involved in a law suits, that the other party will not be able to go after your personal assets, only those earned by the corporation.